July 9th to August 3rd, 2022
The Prague Summer Program for Writers is a month-long summer writing residency in Prague, Czech Republic. In addition to having ample time to write in a beautiful and historic city, participants take part in weekly workshops, a private conference, weekly readings, a symposium on publishing, literary walking tours and more. (See full description here.)
- no more than 30 participants each summer
- 9 workshop sessions numbering no more than 12 writers
- each writer workshopped twice + gets one private conference
- weekly readings or symposia, with Q&A sessions, in the historic center
- free walking tours and outings (see walking tours page)
- no application fee
- All applications are read by director Richard Katrovas and given feedback.
- scholarships and TAships available (see scholarships page)
- We will issue a full refund should the PSP be cancelled or should you be unable to travel due to the pandemic
Sign up for our newsletter!
You’ll receive an email with some exclusive recordings of lectures and talks we have hosted.
(check your spam if it doesn’t arrive immediately!)
We are proud members of the
PSP founder and director Richard Katrovas’s book of essays on the (mostly) American “community of poets” that shaped him as a writer will be out next month from LSU press! This “memoir in essays” promises to be by turns illuminating and entertaining to the aspiring poet, veteran writer, and everyone in between. Order here.