July 9th to August 3rd, 2022
Application deadline: April 15th, 2022
The Prague Summer Program for Writers is a month-long summer writing residency in Prague, Czech Republic. In addition to having ample time to write in a beautiful and historic city, participants take part in weekly workshops, a private conference, weekly readings, a symposium on publishing, literary walking tours and more. (See full description here.)
- no more than 30 participants each summer
- 9 workshop sessions numbering no more than 12 writers
- each writer workshopped twice + gets one private conference
- weekly readings or symposia, with Q&A sessions, in the historic center
- free walking tours and outings (see walking tours page)
- no application fee
- All applications are read by director Richard Katrovas and given feedback.
- significantly reduced tuition (see tuitions page)
- full fellowships and TAships available (see fellowships page)
- We will issue a full refund should the PSP be cancelled or should you be unable to travel due to the pandemic
Sign up for our newsletter!
You’ll receive an email with some exclusive recordings of lectures and talks we have hosted.
(check your spam if it doesn’t arrive immediately!)
We are proud members of the
We will award up to six writers the following fellowships in 2022
Franz Kafka Fellowship
For unique voices
Božena Němcová Fellowship
For working mothers
Arnošt Lustig Fellowship
For writers in need
Václav Havel Fellowship
For writers who have not formally studied creative writing and/or have embarked on long-term, fulltime careers outside of creative writing
We also offer TA positions which lower the cost of tuition.
An application to the PSP does not automatically qualify you for a fellowships. You must apply to fellowships separately. Further information and instructions on how to apply for fellowships and TAships may be found here.