We are now accepting applications for
July 10th to August 4th, 2021
The Prague Summer Program for Writers is a month-long summer writing residency in Prague, Czech Republic. In addition to having ample time to write in a beautiful and historic city, participants take part in weekly workshops, a private conference, weekly readings, a symposium on publishing, literary walking tours and more. (See full description here.)
- no more than 30 participants each summer
- 9 workshop sessions numbering no more than 12 writers + one private conference
- weekly readings or symposia, with Q&A sessions, in the historic center
- free walking tours and outings (see walking tours page)
- no application fee
- All applications are read by director Richard Katrovas and given feedback.
- significantly reduced tuition (see tuitions page)
- full fellowships and TAships available (see fellowships page)
- We will issue a full refund should the PSP be cancelled or should you be unable to travel due to the pandemic
- The PSP faculty 2021 is subject to change but will likely involve the following permanent faculty: Stuart Dybek, Jaimy Gordon, Patricia Hampl, Richard Katrovas, Mark Slouka
Starting in the 2021 session, we will award up to six writers the following fellowships:
- Franz Kafka Fellowship for unique, especially historically underrepresented, voices
- Božena Němcová Fellowship for working mothers
- Arnošt Lustig Fellowship for writers in need
- Václav Havel Fellowship for writers who have not formally studied creative writing and/or have embarked on long-term, fulltime careers outside of creative writing
We also offer TA positions which lower the cost of tuition.
Note: An application to the PSP does not automatically qualify you for a fellowships. You must apply to fellowships separately. Further information and instructions on how to apply for fellowships and TAships may be found here. The deadline for fellowship applications for the 2021 session has passed.
Sign up for our newsletter (and gain access to free online seminars!):
Missed our last symposium?
We are proud members of the
Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWWP)